Today we're making a DIY brush holder for all of your makeup brushes. I'm using gold glitter (of course) and a just a few other materials. I hate my current brush holder for a few reasons. It's has a small base and then rounds out to a wider mouth, so my brushes sit at funny angles and never quite fit right. And it's glass, so it constantly gets smudgy with my finger prints.
This post contains affiliate links. This means when you click on a link and make a purchase, I make a commission to support my blog.
I've been really into reusing my plastic containers and glass jars lately, and when I cleaned out a cottage cheese container last week, I realized it was the perfect size for a brush holder. Pair that with my seemingly endless supply of gold glitter and Mod Podge, and you have yourself a DIY Glitter Brush Holder!
What You'll Need
- container (I used a cottage cheese container- a large yogurt or sour cream container are similar in size)
- glue (I used Mod Podge but Elmer's Glue would likely work as well)
- foam brush
How to Glitter Your Brush Holder
- Start by painting a thin, even layer of Mod Podge on the outside of your container.
- Pour glitter all over and shake off the excess. Let the glue dry for at least a half hour, then layer with a second coat of glue and glitter.
- Wipe off any glue or glitter from the rim of the container and let dry for an another half hour or so.
- Lastly, coat the outside with a final layer of glue to keep the glitter from falling off.
- Once your brush holder is dry, fill it with rice and arrange your brushes. The rice helps keep your brushes upright.