Instant Pot White Bean Soup
Made with dried navy beans and fresh vegetables, this creamy Instant Pot white bean soup is nutritious and budget-friendly. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 rib celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound dried navy beans rinsed
- 1 large Yukon gold potato diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups kale destemmed and torn into small pieces
Using the Instant Pot’s Sauté setting, heat the olive oil. When hot, saute the onion, carrot, and celery until the onion becomes translucent. Then add the garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Cancel the sauté. Add the navy beans, diced potatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, crushed red pepper, and vegetable broth. Do not stir.
Close the lid and turn the knob to Sealing. Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on High for 35 minutes. It will take the pot about 15-20 minutes to come to pressure before the cooking time begins.
When the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure with a quick release.
Transfer about half of the soup into a blender and purée the soup on low speed (see safety notes below). Return the soup to the pot. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Add torn kale and stir into the soup. Allow the kale to wilt for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let the soup cool slightly before blending.
- Vent the lid to prevent pressure from building up.
- Do not overfill the blender. Only fill it to the halfway mark. Blend in batches if needed.
- If this lid does not lock, hold it down while blending.
- Wear an oven mitt while handling the blender.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1670mg | Potassium: 1178mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4943IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 5mg