Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
Breakfast casserole packed with mozzarella cheese, fresh zucchini, and a delicious blend of dried herbs. Low-carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 8 cups thinly sliced zucchini about 6 medium
- 2 medium sweet onions sliced thinly
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook the zucchini and onion until the zucchini is tender and the onions are translucent. Drain in a colander and allow veggies to cool for 5–10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, mustard, shredded mozzarella, and seasonings until combined in a large mixing bowl. When the zucchini has cooled slightly, stir in the zucchini/onion mixture.
Grease a 9x13 casserole dish. Pour in zucchini/egg mixture. Smooth over the zucchini so it lays flat.
Bake for 30–35 minutes or until eggs start to brown. Cover with foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until a knife is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
Let the cheesy zucchini casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition was calculated using MyFitnessPal.
- For 6 servings: 350 calories, 12g carbs, 21g fat, and 30g protein based on 6 servings.
- For 8 servings: 262 calories, 9g carbs, 16g fat, and 22g protein.