These lazy Sunday dinner ideas feed 6 or more people, use common ingredients, are family-friendly, and take 10 minutes or less to prep.
Family dinner calls for an easy recipe with common ingredients that will feed a crowd and please even picky eaters. On Sunday nights, put a good meal on the dinner table that the entire family will love.
The best Sunday dinner ideas are classic comfort food with simple ingredients. All of these recipes feature short ingredient lists and take very little time to prepare.
The best part of a lazy Sunday dinner is having leftovers. Each recipe makes 6 servings.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
"Lazy" to me means...
- Easy-to-find ingredients
- Short ingredient list
- Few steps
- Short prep time (10 minutes or less of prep)
Many of these lazy Sunday dinner ideas are fix-it-and-forget-it or dump-and-go meals. Several recipes call for one of the following kitchen devices:
- Instant Pot: A 6- or 8-quart size are the right sizes for family meals. I use an Instant Pot Duo 6-Quart.
- Slow Cooker (aka Crock-Pot): I use the Crock-Pot 6-Quart Cook and Carry.
Instant Pots and slow cookers are great for family dinners because they both have a "warm" function to keep food warm while it's being served or waiting to be served.
Tips for serving picky eaters
Feeding the whole family can be challenging when you have picky eaters at the table. There are plenty of ways to accommodate picky eaters without preparing multiple main courses.
- Have at least one "preferred" food on the table. This could be bread rolls, a simple salad, or a favorite vegetable side dish.
- Make build-your-own meals. Tacos, burritos, burgers, and rice bowls are just a few meal ideas that allow each person to customize their plate.
- Have backup food options on hand. Frozen waffles and chicken nuggets can save the day.
- Serve the food family-style on the table. Keeping the food at the table will avoid the up-and-down that often comes with accommodating picky eaters.
Looking for something fast? Spend less time cooking with one of these lazy Sunday dinner recipes
Pasta dishes are great for family dinner because they're easy to make, they often have a large number of servings, and they're relatively affordable to make.
One-Pan and One-Pot Recipes
The perfect meal does exist! One-pan recipes and one-pot meals mean one thing: easy cleanup.
Crockpots cook low and slow so you can set it and forget it. Spend more quality time with the family and less time in the kitchen. Pick your featured meat as the main dish and let the side dishes fall into place.
Soup can be served as a side dish or served as the main meal.
Build-Your-Own Dinner Night
When you want to accommodate a variety of dietary needs and preferences, build-your-own meals are the way to go. Everyone can pick and choose exactly what they want. Try tacos, burritos, sandwiches, and more.
Tell me what easy dinner ideas you'd like to see next time.