This baked pepperoni pizza dip made with cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan tastes just like pizza.
You will love this hot cheesy dip for the Super Bowl or your next football party. I adapted this recipe from Closet Cooking, and it has turned out to be a perfect appetizer and party snack.
For more party appetizers and small bites, try these slow cooker Hawaiian meatballs or this Buffalo chicken dip.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Simple ingredients: This easy appetizer uses easy-to-find ingredients
- Perfect for football season: This appetizer will be a huge hit on game day. Pizza lovers will LOVE this pepperoni pizza dip recipe.
- Low carb: This low-carb dip is keto-friendly. Serve with mini bell peppers.
If you are the type of person to avoid recipes with too many ingredients, then worry not. This easy pepperoni dip recipe is very simple. Plus, it's easy to modify.
- cream cheese, softened
- sour cream
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese
- pizza sauce
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, half of the mozzarella, half of the parmesan, and a quarter of the pizza sauce.
Cut the pepperoni into quarters or chop it into small pieces, reserving about a dozen whole pepperoni for the top of the dip. Stir the pepperoni pieces into the cream cheese mixture.
Tip: I use kitchen scissors to quickly and efficiently cut the pepperoni into smaller pieces. Alternatively, you can use mini pepperoni in this dish.
Spread the cream cheese dip mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish or a similar sized baking dish.
Layer with the remaining pizza sauce, spreading it evenly across the top.
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan over top.
Finally, add the remaining pepperoni to the top of the cheeses.
Baked for 20 minutes or until the cheese bubbles.
- Mini pepperoni slices: Instead of cutting or chopping the pepperoni, you can use pepperoni minis.
- Sauce: Marinara sauce tends to be thicker than pizza sauce but can be used in a pinch.
Light version: While a pepperoni pizza dip can hardly be qualified as "healthy," you can certainly make small changes here and there to lighten up the dish as much as possible. Try turkey pepperoni, fat-free sour cream, fat-free cream cheese, fat-free or low-fat mayo, and part-skim mozzarella.
Sausage: This dip would be delicious with the addition or substitution of Italian sausage. Brown the sausage in a skillet and drain before adding to the dip. Mix all of the sausage into the cream cheese mixture. Use anywhere from a quarter-pound to a half-pound of sausage.
Veggies: Add some of your favorite pizza toppings like black olives or red onion.
Cheese: For an extra cheesy pepperoni dip, add ⅓ cup cheddar cheese to the mix.
What to serve with hot pizza dip
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Sliced French bread
- Baguette slices
- Mini naan
- Bagel chips
- Mini sweet peppers
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks
How to make it ahead of time
When making this dip for a big crowd, double the recipe and make two dishes. This dip can be assembled ahead of time in your pie plate or in aluminum pans and stored in the fridge. Bring the dip to room temperature before baking.
For hot, fresh dip when traveling to an event, take the dip cold to the party and then put it in the oven upon arrival so it's nice and warm.
Store dip in the refrigerator for up to five days. Microwave to reheat.
Top Tip: Grate your own cheese
Use freshly shredded mozzarella and freshly shredded parmesan for the smoothest, creamiest dip. Pre-shredded cheese has a coating that keeps it from sticking together, but this can make it a little less creamy when it melts. Either way, this dip is cheesy and delicious.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 3 ounces pepperoni about 45 slices
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, half of the mozzarella, half of the parmesan, and a quarter of the pizza sauce until smooth.
- Cut the pepperoni into quarters or chop it into small pieces, reserving about a dozen whole pepperoni for the top of the dip. Stir the pepperoni pieces into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Layer with the remaining pizza sauce and the remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Top with the reserved pepperoni.
- Baked for 20 minutes or until the cheese bubbles along the edges.
Perishable foods that have been left at room temperature for more than 2 hours (or for 1 hour if the temperature is over 90°F) should be thrown away.
Leave a Reply