This is one of the best dips I've ever made, and it's also one of the easiest. I bookmarked this pepperoni pizza dip recipe from Closet Cooking back in March 2011, and it has turned out to be incredible.
When I heard about the Velveeta shortage that has come to be called the "Cheesepocalypse," I was not at all distraught because this is THE ONLY dip you will need. Ever. Pepperoni pizza dip pwns liquid gold. It just does.
TIP: Cooking for a Crowd
When I make this dip for a big crowd, I always make two. This dip can be assembled ahead of time and stored in the fridge until it's time to pop it in the oven. I take the dip cold to a party and then put it in the oven when I arrive so it's nice and hot.
If you are the type of person to avoid recipes with too many ingredients, then worry not. This recipe is very simple. Plus, it's easy to modify. I'm dying to try this recipe with sausage!
While a pepperoni pizza dip can hardly be qualified as "light," you can certainly make slight changes here and there to lighten up the dish as much possible. Try turkey pepperoni and fat-free cream cheese.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 oz pepperoni 16-20 slices
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix cream cheese with Mrs. Dash seasoning blend, sour cream, mayo, half of the mozzarella, and half of the parmesan. Spread mixture in bottom of pie plate.
- Pour and spread pizza sauce to cover the cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheeses and pepperoni.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese bubbles.
Note: Nutrition was estimated using WP Recipe Maker.