Bacon Jalapeño Cheddar Scramble is your new favorite breakfast. The combination of scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese is classic, and adding jalapeño is the perfect way to heat things up.
When I was a kid, I remember one time my dad tried to get my older brother to try hot sauce. He refused. To show him up, because that's how I roll, I asked if I could try the hot sauce. Now, I don't remember exactly what happened next, my memories of 5-year-old Kelsey are a bit fuzzy, but I can tell you that to this day hot sauce is one of my favorite things. Bring on the heat!
I can see why Julia Roberts' character in Runaway Bride was so conflicted when it came to choosing her favorite type of egg. Scrambled, fried, poached, egg whites only... I feel ya, Maggie! Too many great options.
Lately, I'm all about scrambled eggs. Not sure I would commit to saying they're my favorite, but scrambled eggs will always be near the top of my list. The way you can add different veggies and cheeses makes the possibilities endless.
Bacon Jalapeño Cheddar Scramble calls for just a few ingredients:
- bacon: I like thick cut
- fresh jalapeño: Fresh only
- salt and pepper
- shredded sharp cheddar
When I'm not eating scrambled eggs, you can catch me enjoying my favorite banana pancakes.
Jalapeño Cheddar Scramble
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 large jalapeño diced
- 5 eggs
- Salt if desired and pepper
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Fry bacon in a medium pan until bacon is fully cooked. Crumble and set the the side.
- Cook jalapeño in the bacon grease until it softens.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Pour egg mixture into pan with the jalapeño. Cook eggs to your desired consistency.