Dump-and-go with this quick, easy recipe using jarred pesto and ranch dressing mix.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The slow cooker is so brilliant because you really just toss a bunch of things into it, and your meal is magically ready 6 hours later. I see recipes all the time that require stovetop prep for a slow cooker recipe, like sautéing onions or what have you, and I'm inclined to say NO THANK YOU.
I use the 6-quart Cook & Carry Crock-Pot.
Why you will love this recipe
Recently, I found a recipe for Pesto Ranch Crockpot Chicken Thighs on Picky Palate. Yes, please! Normally I pin recipes and forget about them, but with this one, I had to make it right away.
This recipe is a beautiful thing because not only is it a dump-everything-in kind of deal, but it only calls for 4 ingredients.
This version of the recipe uses chicken breasts.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- Chicken broth
I've never really cooked with pesto for Xavier because he's generally not a fan of anything green on principle alone, but I am very proud to say that this recipe is Manchild Approved. AND Kelsey approved, needless to say.
- Chicken: If you want to use chicken thighs, head to the original recipe at Picky Palate.
- Pesto: You can use homemade pesto in place of the jarred Pesto. The recipe calls for a 6.5 oz jar of pesto for reference.
- Ranch: Dry ranch salad mix is important, do not substitute liquid ranch. Store brand is tasty.
- Chicken both: Water can be used in place of the chicken broth. It's a small amount of liquid, so other adjustments aren't necessary.
Serve this alongside fresh veggies or shred the leftover pesto ranch chicken for salad meat or sandwich meat. I used this in my salads all week, which definitely kicked my lunch up a notch.
Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken
- 3 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts about 6 breasts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 oz ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix one envelope
- 6.5 oz pesto
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour chicken broth over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with ranch mix. Top with pesto.
- Cook on low for 6–8 hours or high for 4–6 hours. Serve with fresh veggies or shred for salad meat.
Note: Nutrition was estimated using WP Recipe Maker.
More chicken breast recipes
Next, try my Tex-Mex Shredded Chicken slow cooker recipe.