From hot chocolate to Earl Grey, these decadent winter macaron flavors will keep you warm and cozy this season.
With fall/autumn coming to a close, it's time to add winter ingredients to our baking. Cool, calming lavender, comforting coffee, and decadent hazelnut are just a few of the flavors that come to mind.
French macarons are naturally gluten-free (they are made with almond flour) and they are easy to make at home when you have the right recipe. Impress your friends and family with the perfect sweet treat this holiday season and beyond.
When you're done drooling over these, explore these fall macaron flavors.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Macaron Baking Tips
Food Nouveau has a wonderful resource, a macaron troubleshooting guide with useful tips and advice.
Tools and Equipment
French macarons require a particular set of kitchen tools. If you are new to baking macarons, you might need to stock up on a few supplies. You can find everything you need on Amazon.
- Sifter: A handcrank sifter or a simple mesh sifter are needed to sift the almond flour. Do not skip this step.
- Mixer: I use a KitchenAid stand mixer, but you can use an electric hand mixer, too.
- Silicon mat or parchment paper: Personally, I like the Silpat (there are also many other silicon mat brands), but many baking pros prefer parchment paper.
- Half-sheet pans: A high-quality baking pan is needed to make macarons.
- Pastry bag: You can use disposable patry bags, reusable pastry bags, or you can even use a gallon-size zipper bag in a pinch.
- Piping tip: I use a round decorating tip (such as a no. 1A piping tip).
Store macarons in a dry airtight container in a single layer. If you stack the macarons, they will stick together.
Store them in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days or in the freezer for up to one month. To defrost, leave at room temperature for several minutes.
Winter Macaron Flavors
Hot Chocolate Macarons
Peppermint French Macarons
Earl Grey Macarons
S'mores Macarons Recipe
Baileys Chocolate Macarons
Chocolate Pistachio Macarons
Ferrero Rocher Macarons
Cuban Coffee Macarons
Salted Caramel Mocha Macarons
Need more inspiration? Keep these flavors in mind:
- Salted Oreo
- White chocolate
Did I include your favorite winter flavors? Leave a comment below!
Leave a Reply