This classic meatloaf with Ritz crackers recipe is perfectly seasoned, topped with a ketchup, Worcestershire, brown sugar glaze.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe is flavored with sweet onion, garlic, ketchup, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. It's an easy family recipe that the kids can help cook.
Serve this homestyle meal with mash potatoes, a side salad, green beans, or macaroni and cheese.
This is a traditional meatloaf recipe similar to Cracker Barrel meatloaf.
- lean ground beef
- Ritz crackers
- sweet onion
- Italian seasoning
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
Tip: Lining the loaf pan will allow you to remove the meatloaf from the tin with ease. Or, if you plan to leave it in the pan, it protects the pan from your knife when you cut a slice.
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together all of the meatloaf ingredients.
Press the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan, firmly pushing it to fill every corner. Bake for 40 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
After the meatloaf has finished its first bake, spread the glaze over the meatloaf. Baked for an additional 15-20 minutes.
The meatloaf should reach an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
Allow the meatloaf to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Ground beef: Lean ground beef is recommended for this recipe, 85% or 90% lean.
- Milk: Milk helps keep the meat moist.
- Eggs: Eggs help hold the meatloaf together.
- Ritz crackers: Ritz crackers act as the breadcrumbs to bulk up the meatloaf and keep the meat tender. A cup of regular breadcrumbs can be used in their place if desired.
Leave any ingredient questions in the comments.
- Don't forget to line your loaf pan with parchment.
- Easily crush the Ritz crackers in a zipper baggie.
- When you cut into hot meat, the liquid escapes. Allow the meatloaf to cool so it retains its juices.
- Loaf pan: The measurements on mine at 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 inches, but 9 x 5 inches is most common.
- Parchment paper: Try these pre-cut parchment paper sheets.
- Mixing bowls
- Meat thermometer
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
Meatloaf with Ritz Crackers
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup Ritz crackers crumbled
- 1 sweet onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together all of the meatloaf ingredients.
- Press the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan, firmly pushing it to fill every corner. Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. After the meatloaf has finished its first bake, spread the glaze over the meatloaf. Baked for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
- Allow the meatloaf to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
Note: Nutrition was estimated using WP Recipe Maker.
Don't forget to review the list below of health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 160°F (71°C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods