This classic meatloaf with Ritz crackers recipe is perfectly seasoned, topped with a ketchup, Worcestershire, brown sugar glaze.
This recipe is flavored with sweet onion, garlic, ketchup, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. It's an easy family recipe that the kids can help cook.
Serve this homestyle meal with your favorite sides like mashed potatoes, a side salad, green beans, or macaroni and cheese.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Classic recipe: This is a classic ground beef meatloaf with buttery Ritz Crackers and a sweet ketchup glaze.
- Family favorite: This moist meatloaf has a delicious flavor the whole family will love.
This is a traditional meatloaf recipe similar to Cracker Barrel meatloaf.
- Ground beef: Lean ground beef is recommended for this recipe, 85% or 90% lean. Leaner meat will have less fat.
- Ritz crackers: Ritz crackers act as the breadcrumbs to bulk up the meatloaf and keep the meat tender. A cup of regular breadcrumbs can be used in their place if desired.
- Sweet onion: Yellow onion will also work.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic or the kind that comes in a tube or jar
- Eggs: Eggs help hold the meatloaf together.
- Milk: Whole milk helps keep the meat moist.
- Ketchup: To create the meatloaf glaze.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder.
- Brown sugar: To sweeten the glaze.
- Worcestershire sauce: This is a tangy sauce.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
Tip: Lining the loaf pan will allow you to remove the meatloaf from the tin with ease. Or, if you plan to leave it in the pan, it protects the pan from your knife when you cut a slice.
In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together all of the meatloaf ingredients.
Press the meat mixture into the loaf pan, firmly pushing it to fill every corner. Bake for 40 minutes.
While the meatloaf bakes, you can prepare your glaze. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and ground black pepper.
After the meatloaf has finished its first bake, spread the glaze over the top of the meatloaf. Baked for an additional 15-20 minutes.
The meatloaf should reach an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
Allow your Ritz Cracker meatloaf to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Don't forget to line your loaf pan with parchment.
- Easily crush the Ritz crackers in a zipper baggie.
- When you cut into hot meat, the liquid escapes. Allow the meatloaf to cool so it retains its juices.
- Ground beef: Instead of ground beef, try ground turkey. Note that the cooking time will vary. Ground turkey should be cooked to 165ºF.
- Crackers: Use another buttery salty cracker or use crushed saltines. You can also use bread crumbs.
- Italian seasoning: You can use a blend of dried thyme, basil, and oregano.
- Cracker Barrel meatloaf recipe: To make this more similar to Cracker Barrel's meatloaf, add a half cup of diced green bell pepper (cut the green peppers into a small dice) and a cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- BBQ sauce: You can make a sweet barbecue glaze by swapping out the ketchup with your favorite BBQ sauce.
Allow the meatloaf to cool down to room temperature before storing it. Wrap the meatloaf tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place the wrapped meatloaf in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
Leftover meatloaf can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If you want to keep it for a longer time, you can also freeze it for up to 2-3 months.
Yes, you can use crushed Ritz crackers in meatloaf instead of breadcrumbs. Use the same quantity.
Don't forget to review the list below of health and safety tips.
- Cook ground beef to a minimum temperature of 160°F (71°C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
Meatloaf with Ritz Crackers
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup Ritz crackers crumbled
- 1 sweet onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190ºC) and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together all of the meatloaf ingredients.
- Press the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan, firmly pushing it to fill every corner. Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. After the meatloaf has finished its first bake, spread the glaze over the meatloaf. Baked for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
- Allow the meatloaf to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
Tell me what meatloaf recipes you'd like to see next.